Last updated: February 7, 2022
EA values your personal information and the personal information you provide with us. We will process the personal information in strict accordance with relevant laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China as well as the provisions of this Policy.
This Policy applies to all products and/or services provided by Shanghai EA Medical Instruments Co., Ltd. (registered address: Room 601-603, No. 500 Zhengli Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai) and its affiliates (hereinafter referred to as "EA" or "We"). And your visit to this web site or usage of products and/or services provided by the site is also subject to this Policy.
Therefore, before you visit or use this web site or the products and/or services provided by EA, please read carefully to fully understand this Policy, especially the terms in bold. If you click the "Confirm" button or check "Agree", it means you have fully understood and agreed to this Policy. Any questions, comments or suggestions about the provisions or content of this Policy, please contact us through the contact information provided at the bottom of this Policy. We are glad to provide you any assistance.
Part I Definitions
3. Affiliate: means any other entities directly or indirectly controlled by Angelalign Technology Inc., which include but are not limited to: Wuxi EA Medical Instruments Technologies Limited and its branches, Wuxi EA Bio-Tech Co., Ltd. and Beijing EA Bio-Tech Co., Ltd..
This Policy explains to you:
We may acquire your personal information or the personal information of others that you provide from a variety of channels. You can provide us the information while browsing our web site, through our social media pages and mini programs, or while participating in our activities. When you visit our web site, browse our social media pages, or use mini programs, we will collect information about your device or your usage by automated means like Cookies, web server logs and Web Beacon. We may also collect your personal information indirectly from other channels.
(1) Personal information of you and others that you actively provide to us
- Registering the iOrtho system account or related services
To register an account on the EA iOrtho system as a doctor, doctor’s assistant/consultant or medical student, you need to provide us with your personal information, including but not limited to: your name, avatar, phone number, WeChat ID, email, physician practice certificate and other relevant qualification certificates, name, address, phone number, email, and bank account number of the clinic or hospital that you belong to, and the other information reasonably required by EA.
- Obtaining products and/or services from iOrtho system
To obtain products and/or services provided by EA, you will provide us with (un)processed personal information of patients, including but not limited to: patient's name, gender, date of birth, photo, and case information. Case information includes doctor's diagnosis and treatment, photos of patient's teeth, face, full body, and X-ray photos, scan data and the other case information reasonably required by EA.
- Start Smile Assessment
To complete the smile assessment, you need to provide the following information: your identity (adults or parents looking for solutions for their children), your name, email address, mobile phone number, city, invisible correction requirements and the other information reasonably required by EA.
- Exclusive reservation for Chinese national athletes
As a sponsor of Training Bureau of General Administration of Sport of China, EA has opened an exclusive reservation channel for Chinese national athletes. If you’re a Chinese national athlete, we may collect the following information you provided: personal name, date of birth, city, phone number, email address, sport event and the other information reasonably required by EA, from the exclusive reservation page on EA web site to help you make appointment with clinic.
- Opt-in page on the web site
We may collect the following information you provided: user name/personal name, phone number, date of birth, city, email address and the other information reasonably required by EA, from the opt-in page on EA web site to help you make appointment with clinic, send you our activity information regarding EA products and services and customized service by our customer focused team.
- Product/Service consulting, suggesting, and feedback
You can consult, evaluate, suggest, and feed back on our products and/or services, and we will collect such information.
- Participating in activities
We may invite you to fill out survey questionnaire, for which you may need to provide information including: your name, occupation, rank and other information. At the same time, you can reserve various online and offline activities held by us. For this purpose, we will collect your name, mobile phone number, remarks, courseware, appointment date, and participation time.
(2) Personal information collected by EA during your use of our products and/or services
To ensure the safe operation of the web site, and to provide you with convenient, reliable and trustworthy products, services and use environment, we may collect your operation, logging, network and device information (including but not limited to device model, device identification code, operating web site, IP address, operator, etc.) and other personal information based on the permission setting of your mobile device web site (including but not limited to service recommendation based on location permission, photo upload based on camera permission, etc.). If you enable these permissions, you authorize us to collect and use the personal information to implement the above-mentioned functions. If you disable these permissions, you cancel the authorization and we will no longer collecting and using the personal data. This way, we will not be able to provide you with the above-mentioned functions corresponding to the authorization. Your disabling of the permissions will not affect the processing of personal information based on authorization as described previously. Meanwhile, in order to prevent malicious programs and the necessary for safe operation, we will collect the installed application information or running process information, the overall operation of the application, the overall installation and use of the application, frequency, application crashes, application sources, performance data, etc.
(3) Personal information collected offline
When you use the products and/or services we provide offline, or interact and communicate with us, we may collect and use information related to you or your patients using our products and services, including but not limited to: name, age, occupation, birthday, work experience, and education background.
(4) Personal information collected by EA indirectly through a third party
In order to provide you with better, higher-quality and more personalized services, or provide services for you, or in order to prevent Internet fraud, our affiliates and partners will share your personal information legally sourced with us in accordance with the provisions of the laws of the People's Republic of China or agreement with you, or with your prior consent. You agree that we are authorized to obtain the personal information you provide and process the information within the scope of your authorization.
By providing your personal information to EA, you agree that EA can use the information alone or in combination with existing information for the following purposes:
(1) Allow you to use, purchase, or subscribe to products and services provided by EA, and EA may label products and documents with relevant information, including your and your patient’s name, address, telephone number and the other contact information;
(2) Provide you with relevant information about our products, services, news and events;
(3) Provide information about you or your medical institute to patients and allow them to contact you;
(4) Invite you to participate in our survey questionnaire;
(5) Analyze our legacy products and services, develop new products and services, and customize our products and services as well as information we provide;
(6) Help you to establish and manage the information and files of patients registered with EA, and produce and customize products and services according to your treatment plan;
(7) Resolve malfunctions of our web site and services;
(8) Facilitate internal audit, data analysis and research to improve our products or services;
(9) Transfer your personal information for the purpose of transactions such as mergers, acquisitions or asset sales. Before the transfer, we will give you prior notice and ensure that your personal information will get protection equivalent to this Policy;
(10) Use for purposes required by laws and regulations, court orders or other legal procedures, or government organs;
(11) Other legal purposes
(1) To ensure normal operation of this web site and smooth user experience, we will store cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow us to simplify your login and store your browsing preferences.
(1) We have obtained your express consent or authorization in advance that you authorize us or we access by ourselves such information as patient information.
(2) When judicial or administrative organs require our web site to disclose personal information in accordance with legal procedures and statutory powers, we will provide relevant information accordingly. We shall be exempt from liability for any disclosure in this case.
(3) We assume no liability towards any leakage, loss, embezzlement or falsification of personal information caused by force majeure and affecting the normal operation of the web site, such as hacking, computer virus invasions or attacks, or temporary shutdown by government control.
(4) We assume no liability towards any leakage, loss, embezzlement or falsification of personal information caused by you telling others your password or sharing your registered account with others.
(5) We assume no liability towards any leakage, loss, embezzlement or falsification of personal information occurring on any other web sites linked to this web site.
(1) We may share the personal information you provide with our affiliates. We will only share necessary information for the purposes stated in this Policy. If our affiliates want to change the purpose of processing personal information, they will gain your approval again. If patient's personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves;
(2) We may share your orders, account, device, location, and other personal information with third parties such as partners to ensure your smooth access to our products and services. We will only share your personal information for legal, just, necessary, specific and clear purposes in the intention to successfully provide products and services for you. Our partners are not entitled to use the shared personal information for any other purpose. At present, our partners include the following types:
- Supplier of goods or technical services
We may share the personal information you provide with third parties that support EA in ways like supplying materials, or providing infrastructure or technical services, logistics and distribution services, payment services, and data processing.
- Partners who jointly promote with us
For your better experience of browsing and using this web site, and to keep you informed about products and/or services in a timely manner, we sometimes entrust other companies to promote our products and services. We may share both personal and non-personal information you provide with our joint marketing partners. For this purpose, we will notify you to obtain your consent. If patient personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves.
- Third-party components
To better provide you with products and services, we may share your personal information with third-party components embedded in the web site and APP. Please click here for details.
- Other purposes you agree
Personal information shared to achieve the purpose you agree to from time to time, including any other purpose stated upon information collection (for example: we may share the collected information with your medical institute or other users of this web site); and
Personal information provided to courts or government organs in accordance with laws and regulations, court orders or other legal procedures, or the requirements of government organs.
We will sign confidentiality agreements with companies, organizations, and individuals with whom we share personal information, to require them to treat personal information in compliance with our instructions, this Policy, and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures.
(1) Transfer with express consent: After obtaining your express consent, we will transfer the personal information you provide to other parties. If the patient's personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves;
(2) In case of any acquisition, merger or insolvency liquidation, or other circumstances involving merger, acquisition or insolvency liquidation, of EA, if personal information transfer is involved, we will require the new company, organization or individual that holds your personal information to continue to follow this Policy, or we will require such a company, organization or individual to obtain your authorization and consent again. If patient personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves.
(1) We have obtained your express consent or you choose to disclose the information proactively. If patient's personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves;
(2) If we are confirmed that you have violated laws and regulations or seriously violated EA's relevant Policy or rules, or we try to protect the personal and property safety of users of EA and its affiliates or to protect the public from infringement, we may disclose your personal information by following laws and regulations or relevant Policy rules of EA. If patient's personal information is involved, the patient's approval will be obtained either by you or by ourselves.
(1) concerns national security and/or national defense;
(2) concerns public security, public health, and/or major public interests;
(3) concerns criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and/or execution of judgments;
(4) proves by sufficient evidence that you have subjective malice or abuse of rights;
(5) seriously prejudicial to your, other individuals' or organizations' legitimate rights and interests if your request is responded to;
(6) involves business secrets;
(7) involves other contents prohibited by laws and regulations of the People's Republic of China.
We will generally process the above-mentioned requests within 15 working days.
For your reasonable request, we will not charge you any fees in principle, but for repeated requests that exceed the reasonable limit, we will collect a certain cost as the case may be. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require too many technical means (for example, the need to develop new systems or fundamentally change existing practices), pose risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are highly impractical.
Without the consent of their parents or guardians, children (under 14) are not allowed to create accounts on this web site. If your patient is a child, it is recommended that you ask his or her parent or guardian to read this Policy carefully and use our services or provide us with information with prior consent. We will only use, share, transfer or disclose the personal information of a child collected with the consent of his or her parent or guardian for using our products or services if the laws and regulations permit, the parent or guardian explicitly agrees, or it is necessary for protecting the child.
This Policy and data processing in accordance with it are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the People's Republic of China. Regardless of the place where we process the data, we will take reasonable measures to protect the privacy of your personal information as well as the personal information you provide.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this web site or this Policy, or you have any complaints, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will deal with it within 15 working days.